Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my truck being a 99-04 style interior, upfitters arent exactly in the cards so i decided i wanted to add some switches but then i realized that boy it will be a pain in the arse to have to take the dash off everytime i want to add something to the dash. And i cant stand the look of the guys that have switches every which where on the dash so i decided to preinstall and prewire switches for the clean look that i prefer.

I ran the wires down to the fuse box area and labeled them all so i can remember what wires go to which so all i have to do is splice the new accessory in and im in business. Overall i like them so far. Figured id throw them up there maybe spark some ideas.

Im still trying to figure out an easy way of labeling them in a clean way. Oh yea the led is a glow plug indicator light because of the placement behind the dash wouldnt have allowed another switch.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice :thumb:
I'm sure now that they are there you are already trying to figure out what you can hook up to them :rofl:
are they green led ?
I bought 5 green led ones that look exactly like that and plan on doing something similar, not sure where I'm mounting mine

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice :thumb:
I'm sure now that they are there you are already trying to figure out what you can hook up to them :rofl:
are they green led ?
I bought 5 green led ones that look exactly like that and plan on doing something similar, not sure where I'm mounting mine
Yea i have tons of crap on my truck that is wired every which way that i spent part of this weekend rewiring now that its hinesight its easier to wire things better. Yea they are green ones, i wish they were amber because my next project is converting all my green interior lights to amber but oh well. Idk if you have ESOF 4x4 or not but you could mount it where i did.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check this out for switches.... Pretty slick
OTRATTW
Yea ive seen those several times before, then i saw the price tag...yea for 15 bucks a pop for custom ones i think i can spend 100+ bucks on something a little more useful like a tank of fuel:doh:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I agree lol. I think I will get some as I don't *think* I'll be needing more than 4-5.

They look too big to have as many as you do anyway.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I also see your shift knob is in a different position every time you post an interior shot, yeah I notice weird things... I assume it's broke. Like almost every zf6 knob I've seen? If you ever come accross a source for new ones let me know I've got a cheapo one and I'm tired of explaining where the gears are

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree lol. I think I will get some as I don't *think* I'll be needing more than 4-5.

They look too big to have as many as you do anyway.
I also see your shift knob is in a different position every time you post an interior shot, yeah I notice weird things... I assume it's broke. Like almost every zf6 knob I've seen? If you ever come accross a source for new ones let me know I've got a cheapo one and I'm tired of explaining where the gears are
Ehh i could probably have about 2 rows of 4 where they are now, theyd look nice but a pack of ten online was like 8 bucks so ehh its whatever

But yea it was broke since i got it, i had one of those aftermarket autozone knobs on it but like typical autozone quality it stayed on just as good as the broken stock one. No one else drives my truck so its no big deal to me, ive pondered ideas to make it tighter but they really need a threaded knob. these press fit knobs never last long

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
At least yours is still bearable I search the junkyards every time I'm there. Every one I find is broken. Mine was so bad it rattled around just sitting there idling

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ehh i could probably have about 2 rows of 4 where they are now, theyd look nice but a pack of ten online was like 8 bucks so ehh its whatever

But yea it was broke since i got it, i had one of those aftermarket autozone knobs on it but like typical autozone quality it stayed on just as good as the broken stock one. No one else drives my truck so its no big deal to me, ive pondered ideas to make it tighter but they really need a threaded knob. these press fit knobs never last long
Where did you get them online for 10 for $8?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least yours is still bearable I search the junkyards every time I'm there. Every one I find is broken. Mine was so bad it rattled around just sitting there idling
Yea here the trucks that come in with a 7.3 let alone with a zf6 its already sold before the junkyard even gets the damn thing

Where did you get them online for 10 for $8?
I was referring the switches i bought

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yea here the trucks that come in with a 7.3 let alone with a zf6 its already sold before the junkyard even gets the damn thing
It's actually funny how desirable the 7.3 is becoming. Really nice and clean 99-03 trucks are selling for more money than most 03-07 trucks in my areas.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
clean install, Ramm. I used trailer wiring to route my gauges/switches. Colored wires specific. My wvo gauge is where your switches are, so i got the crappy, switches everywehre look...and here's how i fixed my shifter. Welded a new round stock to existing shifter coupling, ground down the welds, and welded a nut at top, inside the stock...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's actually funny how desirable the 7.3 is becoming. Really nice and clean 99-03 trucks are selling for more money than most 03-07 trucks in my areas.
Yea hell my 7.3 will be worth way more than even a 6.4 in a few years all in thanks from the EPA:thumb:

The switches.

clean install, Ramm. I used trailer wiring to route my gauges/switches. Colored wires specific. My wvo gauge is where your switches are, so i got the crappy, switches everywehre look...and here's how i fixed my shifter. Welded a new round stock to existing shifter coupling, ground down the welds, and welded a nut at top, inside the stock...
I went through and rewired every accessory in my truck when i did this and i cleaned everything up real good. Im just too damn OCD to have a spider web of wires everywhere and switches everywhere. Not knocking guys that do, if it works for you more power:thumb:

But yea i saw somewhere where you posted your shifter knob, looks good bud:thumb: i have no problem with my knob, i catch my self fiddling with it at stop lights and what not so i keeps me busy:hehe:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

Did something similar a few years ago... Each one is fused on its own built into the mount. Its designed for boats.

I do believe I will be pulling it out at some point and adding this...

Riffraff Diesel: Riffraff Custom Manual Dash Kit

Reactions: wildbillcody97

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Did something similar a few years ago... Each one is fused on its own built into the mount. Its designed for boats.

I do believe I will be pulling it out at some point and adding this...

Riffraff Diesel: Riffraff Custom Manual Dash Kit
Yea thats where i actually got the idea, i asked where you got it in the blue interior thread but you never responded so i just did this. I made a quick 8 fuse block out of some quick disconnects and a silicone mold and im going to use it in conjunction with the switches as well.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dumb question but does that square piece just pop out?
No unfortunately it doesnt unless you have ESOF 4x4 but then you kinda cant do this

1 - 20 of 23 Posts