Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start a Tread as to what to monitor and capture our results to see which tune is working for best for which application. This effort may help the tuners to see the various differences in one place.

So what we'll need is:
Turbo - Stg. 1 Hyb Stg 2 Stg3

Tune - I.D. XXX Viv's Looney SPD + ETC.

Strategy 4xcm3 9xc Etc.

Parameters
B.P. Ratio will need to be calculated (The closer to 1:1) the better
Boost PSI MAX 26 - 40
Boost PSI Hold 20 - 30
MAP CFM (26 PSI thru a 3" hose is far more air than 35 PSI thru a 1" hose.)

There will be other Parm's so once we can all agree to what's important to watch I'll start another Post and we can update our results there.....

In one section we can post the actual scangauge cfgs. so we can ensure we're collecting the same data.

Thoughts? What else?

Denny

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it would be really beneficial for one or more of the big tune writers to chime in and state what data would benefit them the most. Owners of the different turbos can monitor all the data they want, but it will only be beneficial to have the right data.

I would think a few data logs with the AE software would be a huge tool to use too.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be really beneficial for one or more of the big tune writers to chime in and state what data would benefit them the most. Owners of the different turbos can monitor all the data they want, but it will only be beneficial to have the right data.

I would think a few data logs with the AE software would be a huge tool to use too.
Couldn't agree more, that's why I started the thread, so Writers where are ya?

Denny

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Tuner could use this data I agree but it would be nice to have somewhere to comare your # to some one else to diagnose a problem or rule a problem out.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Turbo but no AE Software. :help:

d

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Great thread!!!

We have a stage 1 coming very soon for our work 6.0 AND have an AE. Truck currently has Eric's tunes, but we are considering some others.

Once we get the turbo and install it, I will post whatever info I can that might help out.:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts