Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought new wheels and tires, moto metal 970 wheels with toyo at IIs for my 2009 king ranch that came stock with the king ranch goldish 20" rims.

I was asked by the company I bought them from if I bought lug nuts for the new wheels, which I didn't. They proceeded to tell me my stock lug nut will tighten the wheels on once but when going to roatate them those lug nuts will have ruined the bolt hole in the wheel..??? never heard of this but this is the first I've bought new wheels. What is that all about? anyone have better information, I wasn't given much over the phone with them. They also told me I would either need 14:1.5 or 14:2 threads for the new lug nuts.

any help and info is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Stock rims should be hub centric, the aftermarket wheels should be lug centric. It means you need the conical seat lug nuts. 14x1.5 is the thread size and pitch. It's a metric size.

Take one of the factory lug nuts off and the correct size should be stamped on it somewhere.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
always a bridesmaid. :lol:
Not sure if I get this comment?

Thanks for the info. that works out. i'll have to check for sure when I get home on the thread deal. I'd like to make sure I get everything squared away to put the wheel and lift on all in one day.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Same here??

The inter web is saying M14x1.5 but double checking is always a good thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts