Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find another thread on this so posting up one. I have a 2012 F-250 Diesel. Before all changes to exhaust and adding DEF, etc. I used to put Lucas Oil in about every other diesel fill up. Does anyone do this with their new trucks or this a solid no no?

:dunno:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lucas Oil What? They make a lot of different products. Oils, lubes, fuel treatments, cleaning products, etc.

If you're referring to a fuel additive presuming, I wouldn't use it on a stock truck for fear of doing something to the emissions system.

On a deleted truck, I see no issue but may not do anything and there are probably some better options that may have some more track history like Power Service and the likes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry...Should have been more specific on which product:

Lucas Fuel Treatment
Lucas Fuel Treatment is formulated for both gasoline and diesel engines, carbureted or fuel injected. It gives your fuel system what it really needs - a blend of super slick oils and additives with a high detergent action that allows the engine to operate at maximum efficiency. Also, it cleans and lubricates the carburetor and injectors and causes the fuel to burn more thoroughly for increased power and less fuel consumption. Lucas Fuel Treatment should definitely be used in vehicles that require leaded fuel because it actually replaces the benefits of lead in gasoline without causing harmful emissions. Use it to pass smog tests. Finally, it totally neutralizes the harmful effects of low sulfur diesel fuel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd pass on it. These new systems are so finicky and precise. I'd stick with tried and true if needed like Power Service or Motorcraft. I have used it in carb cars and it works fine, but I doubt its needed. With Gas you can just switch stations and the additive package changes and you get that companies package cleaning benefits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts