Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all does anyone know much about lucas upper cylinder lubricant local napa dealer says its the best but was wondering what your opionions were thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I ran it for the first 7500 miles in my truck since I had it (got it at 14,500) and didn't notice anything, after reading the additive test, I've run nothing but opti-lube products in my truck since.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You may want to do a search on running 2-stroke oil. I just tried it the last couple tanks. And have recieved a 2mpg gain.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hi all does anyone know much about lucas upper cylinder lubricant local napa dealer says its the best but was wondering what your opionions were thanks in advance
I use lucas in my gassers and it has done wonders for them. Tried it in my d's but didn't notice anything. I use ps in my d's now. I started using lucas cause of a guy i ran into with 900,000 miles on his 6.0 that swears by it. He had replaced the tranny three times but claimed the engine was original except for injectors and things like that after 900k. He and another guy run that 2003 psd 24/7 when they can find work hauling all over the pacific northwest.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use it all of the time, when I first added it I gained 1-2 more MPG. I use their other products in my Jeep. Amsoil in everything in my Excursion.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Probably good stuff but the name?
As a former brit car owner (sunbeam tiger):
remember why Brits drink warm beer? Lucas referigerators. The dying words of Joeseph Lucas - - don't drive at night -- ETC.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i know guys that have talked about putting a mixture of acetone in there fuel they say it works but i have never tried it.. where might i be able to pick up some of the opti lube stuff id like to give it a try

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ran into a guy with a 08 PSD at the fuel pump and we started to talk about additives because I was putting some powerservice gray bottle in my tank for the first time. He stated he tried putting an acetone mixture in his truck and noticed a 2 mpg increase but through a CEL, so he stopped using it. Does any one have any more info on an acetone mixture?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
fuel additives

I live in hawaii on oahu,
and so the fuel additives are very limited here so what I do is: mix grey power service and
two stroke motor boat oil the rate I mix 1oz to one gallon and 4oz to 8oz of power service
per tank but I tell you what it's getting expensive. so having a diesel performance shop. we ordered some new flash lube haven't put it in yet I will keep you updated and for the question of using lucas additives good for one tank to clean the injectors out but for the long run NOT ENOUGH LUBE for me try the two stroke oil you're hear the diffirence in your motor. And cheaper too.

later

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
lucas is junk, anything you can buy over the counter is no match for specific diesel treatments. Something like FT-10, Enertech/Wellsworth products are vastly better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts