Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, This will be the official and last THREAD for the First G2G Held at L&L Lazy River on the river in New Braunfles,TX. We are looking for final confirmation for you and the family. The "SOFT" itinerary is below. In no means does it need to be followed. We will have small event throughout the day,(Saturday). You can show up anytime after 2pm Friday the 20th. Stop at the main office check in under "LSP MEMBERS" You will need to pay $20 per person for the entire weekend. There are no additional charges (Beside tube rental $13 per tube) And no discounts for just being there a day or an hour.
So stay the whole weekend if you can!!
Itinerary. Saturday Show up, Talk ect ect. Tubing is open, I was hoping to start around 1pm. The trips are as follows. We start at the campgrounds.
Pick up- First is 3Hrs. Then 4hrs, 5hrs 6hrs. You may get out were you choose.
San Antonio Gun Club- We will ask one San Antonio Member to head this up. He will handle all arrangements. I know the Club is open 11-7:30pm. My suggestion is the group that chooses not to tube, Will head to the gun club. Which is about a hour away.
I think the best solution to dinner is a "Campsite Dinner". We will start suggestions for this, Everyone will pitch in with meat and sides.
This is what I think we should do. But feel free to add and bring. I will ask everyone to share the food.
Brisket
Sausage
Chicken
Hamburgers
Sides- chips, Potato Salad, Beans, Cold Pasta,
Start signing up. Since we have so many people coming and the menu is simple, I think 2ea Member for each item.
I will bring Horse shoes, And would like someone else to bring something. ( Volley Ball) ???????
After dinner there was some talk of going to the Drag Strip or River Road Ice House. We will leave that in the air. If we decide the Drag strip, The Train should leave at 7pm. Racing starts a 9pm and it's about an hour away.
There will be plenty more to do. We just wanted to post what we all discussed prior.
Saturday evening picture. A group photo will be taken around 6pm. (Mandatory):nod:
Sunday morning breakfast at the Campsite around 9pm. Then we break off.
Start the feedback and confirmations please!!!!!!!

SA GunClub
www.sadragstrip.com
· River Road Ice House ~ Texas ~ Americana Music § On The Guadalupe River ÷
New Braunfels camping on the Guadalupe River|Tent/RV sites|Riverfront & Group area|Toob/Raft rental|Lazy L&L Campground

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Dang! I posted the confirmation thread already! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just saw. I will copy and paste in your Thread.
No worries.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Looks like y'all have really thought this out. Good job on the time, effort, and work put into this.
Craig

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you from Both, We look forward to a great weekend w/you and others:thumb:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
yes. Thank you and thanks to BryanH....he's done most of the legwork! :thumb:

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Thank you from Both, We look forward to a great weekend w/you and others:thumb:
cant wait to meet all the lsp members.... great work bryan and nix in getting this off he ground :thumb:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I think we got a good team together here and we're gonna have some great GTG's in the future as well. I think we learned along the way on this one, but we learned what's needed and how best to accomplish it, so they are only going to get better with time! :speech: :speech: :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
523 Posts
How much sauage you want? You can put me down for a few links, just need to see how much I have left. I can also run to Sam's and grab some chips or other snacky stuff.

One other suggestion besides tubing or Gun Club, just hang out in Gruene at Gruene hall, shop, or whatever.

As of today, most places, at least here in San Antonio, diesel is $4.59/gallon. Figure I'd let everyone know. It may play a part in some folks decision making. :wink[3]:

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
How much sauage you want? You can put me down for a few links, just need to see how much I have left. I can also run to Sam's and grab some chips or other snacky stuff.

One other suggestion besides tubing or Gun Club, just hang out in Gruene at Gruene hall, shop, or whatever.

As of today, most places, at least here in San Antonio, diesel is $4.59/gallon. Figure I'd let everyone know. It may play a part in some folks decision making. :wink[3]:
If it was me...i would hit the river in the morning..say about 9-10am and float til about 1-2pm and then head to Gruene Hall and pound a few back in the Oldest Dancehall with the Coldest beer in Texas while the wife went shoppin'!! :punk:

but thats just me :)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Or...if the river is running good, then you can drop in the river a little further downstream and float all the way into Gruene. Would just need somebody to pick you up there or drop a truck off earlier before you get in and float so when you get out, there's your truck.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
If it was me...i would hit the river in the morning..say about 9-10am and float til about 1-2pm and then head to Gruene Hall and pound a few back in the Oldest Dancehall with the Coldest beer in Texas while the wife went shoppin'!! :punk:

I agree, The only problem is when people are showing up. We could plan a Tube shove off around 11am. And see what kind of "Show up time feed back"
We get.

Let's try this. Sound off your estimated arrival time please......

Got the time change:doh:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I agree, The only problem is when people are showing up. We could plan a Tube shove off around 11pm.
A night run down the river!! Woo hoo!! of course, i think you meant 11AM. :hehe:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Night runs are NUTS!! Usually do that after a lot of this :stump: :drinking4::cowboy:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A night run down the river!! Woo hoo!! of course, i think you meant 11AM. :hehe:
:rofl::rofl: Got her fixed up.Hey is it possible for you to put Eta's next to the names on the other thread? That would give us and other quick reference.
And may help some folks decied on when to show up.:thumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts

You just let me know when to show up Saturday morning and I'll be there. :rockwoot: If I had to guess right now, I would say around 9:30 or 10 am Saturday. The wife likes to sleep in a bit but usually the dog won't let us. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts