Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently did some upgrades to my truck. Turbo, Injectors, Tune. The truck is making some serious steam now.

So I launched it a few times and had 2 tires going. After a few launches, well im doing the single jingle. Only one wheel spins. Passengers side.

I hear no noises in the rear. I mean I got nothing indicating a broken lsd.

Anyone ever had something like this happen to them???

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Smoked the clutches ...you know this :)

Pull the cover and admire the metal particles

·
Registered
800 Posts
2x on LS clutches being smoked off

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
The OEM limited slip doesn't work that great to begin with, and the clutches are usually worn out before 100K making it less effective. I rebuilt mine and shimmed the clutches tighter so it would work better, but I found out that to get it tight enough to where it would work good off road, it behaved like a spool on the road, chirping the tires around every turn. I yanked it out, threw a Detroit locker in and never looked back.

Reactions: partyman97_3

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Locker in the rear and True-Trac in the front

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Locker in the rear and True-Trac in the front
I'd love to that setup on mine but unfortunately they don't make a Truetrac for my Dana 50. I may swap a 60 in eventually.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Replace the factory LSD, and when you do, stack the clutches friction/steel/friction/steel. You will be shocked at the performance difference

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Replace the factory LSD, and when you do, stack the clutches friction/steel/friction/steel. You will be shocked at the performance difference
They are like that on the 10.5" they just aren't shimmed that tight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys, thanks for the advice.

Anyone done this before and have some recommendations as to what locker??? Any other parts need to be changed while im in there???

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
For a Locker I would recommend a Detroit locker or Yukon Grizzly for a limited slip, a Detroit Truetrac. To swap carriers you will need new carrier bearings and races, and a shim kit.

Reactions: Hydro
1 - 11 of 11 Posts