Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oka so yeah I drive a truck that weighs just under 3 tons, and I know that we all experience a little driving trouble etc.. My real question is... I run factory 20's fatory fx4 lift with 43,000 a set of 32 bfg's and I feel like i might be better off with driveability, and maybe gas mileage(not much obviously), and manueverability if I lowered my truck? Someone give me the update on lowering these monsters, and pros//cons. Its sh!^^y getting aroung austin the roads are so damn tight.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
If you lower your truck, your driveability willnot increase, but decrease. Vibration will be worse i would think. Mileage may increase if you shrink your tire size, but not because you lower it or raise it. in my opinion, it is a waste of time and money to lower a full size truck. It just doesn;t even make sense to me. but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to exhaust all options the way the petrol market is going... Its gonna be killin me soon 4.58 for diesel. hm thats no bueno to well I guess ill just get new shocks n springs in this case....

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
how about goin vegi?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i've barely looked into that I was scared of the what it would do to my engine. Now the more I read about it the more I like the idea. Do you run veggie?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have looked into doing the vegistroke but by the time you figure in the system and cost of operation it will take so long to pay its self off that in my case it isnt worth it. You are on the right track with lowering your truck though. I personally like mine lifted but its not my daily driver either so it doesnt matter as much. A trucks aerodynamics are drastically reduced when lifted let alone the increase in tire size also. Lowering your truck and getting some smaller less aggressive tires will get you quite a bit better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I do not run vegi yet, but CHenry has a great set up. If it is your daily driver, you can make the cost up in no time with the way fuel prices are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts