Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive had my truck for about a year and Ive noticed the past couple days the oil pressure has been reading lower than it used to. Where it says normal it reads it just at the start of the N and it used to read right over the R so it makes me a little nervous, could it be the gauge or do you think Im starting to lose pressure. The Motor has 330,000 miles on it so its getting up there but I really wanna make this truck last. Any ideas what to look for or do to bring it back up?

thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well, I'm not entirely sure. I guess the question would be, where is that reading taken from? Would it be the oil pressure created by the oil pump, to circulate the motor oil throughout the engine? Or is it a reading off the HPOP? (though I doubt that's it)

I truly hope it's not your oil pump. An oil pump changeout looks like a royal PITA.

mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
The first step is to hook up a test gauge and see if it really does have low oil pressure. Even with the mileage you've got on your truck it's just as likely that you have an issue with the gauge or sending unit as with the motor.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well where is the best spot to put an oil pressure test gauge on to get a reading and any idea what spec would be

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.