Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was fueling at a local Murphy's USA (Wallmart), and a fellow at the next pump said he had last fueled at Chevron and got better MPG. This got me to thinking so I checked. I have gotten in the habit of checking every tank since fuel went up. I ran through the Murphy's tank and got 15.7 to 16.1 (in town), I had been getting 18.5 to 20.3. Filled up next at Valerro and back to 18 to 20 MPG. Has anyone else seen this? Sure it's cheaper at Murphy's but what good is it if you burn more?

BYW: Iv'e also taken to driving 55 to save fuel, I'm retired and have more time than money. Everyone gets mad at me, honks their horn, and gives me dirty looks as they pass me, but I've added 2-4 MPG. I like my truck and plan to keep it even if I spend more time on the road.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
I have encountered that, but I dont drive my truck enought to just throw a full tank in her and go. it would take me over 3 weeks to drive that tank out, so I just try to remember what stations I filled up in my mustang with that gave me the best mileage. I found that the Enmark's here has the worst fuel. They say its double filtred and stuff, but its the worst gas you can buy IMO. I found that BP and Chev. have the best. I try never to use Exxon gas, plus we dont really have those stations around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts