Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one figured out how to get that waring light off. I talked with ford, and they told me it is a fedral regulation that the sensor has to be set at 65psi. and they can't do anything to change that. my 37.5" nittos run 55psi. Do I have to live with the light on all the time.:dunno:

·
Registered
492 Posts
i had the same problem. i have an 08 also. i forget what the sensors are set at but it is listed on the yellow tag on the inside driver door post. make sure the pressure in all 4 tires is as close to the same as you can get them. then use the reset tool in your glove box and reset the sensors. when i did this the light went off and stayed off. the pressure requirements are different in the f350 and so on so look at yours.
if that doesn't work i hve heard of people replacing them with f150 sensors but i don't know if it will work and it is expensive.

·
Registered
492 Posts
if you didn't get the reset tool call your dealer. they are supposed to give you one. it talks about this in the owners manual in the TPS section.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you didn't get the reset tool call your dealer. they are supposed to give you one. it talks about this in the owners manual in the TPS section.
i had the same problem. i have an 08 also. i forget what the sensors are set at but it is listed on the yellow tag on the inside driver door post. make sure the pressure in all 4 tires is as close to the same as you can get them. then use the reset tool in your glove box and reset the sensors. when i did this the light went off and stayed off. the pressure requirements are different in the f350 and so on so look at yours.
if that doesn't work i hve heard of people replacing them with f150 sensors but i don't know if it will work and it is expensive.
Thanks, I will try this when I get back in town:thumb:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep advised that the 08 4x4's require a minimum of a 125 load index to properly support the weight of the truck and its GVWR. All tires that meet that critirea will hold 80 psi...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts