Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F-350 6.0 Diesel 4x4 Crewcab SRW. At 22 to 27 miles per hour I have a vibration that rattles to cups in the cup
holders. I have had all 3 U-joints replaced. Once above 27 MPH the vibration is gone. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Carrier bearing? hub bearings?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
154 Posts
Vibration in truck or steering ? If you can drive into and out of a vibration it's 9 times out of 10 wheel balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feed back. I will have my tires rotated and rebalanced and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibration problem fixed!

On the second visit to the dealership to repair the vibration problem they ran a run-out check on the driveshaft. Also ran the vehicle on the lift at 25 mph and you could see the driveshaft movement at the carrier bearing. Ended up replacing the entire driveshaft as it had 45 thousands run-out. Happy to say that fixed the problem. My original problem was two frozen u-joints and we think that may have caused the driveshaft to have excessive run-out. Never hit or damaged the driveshaft to cause the problem. Anyway it's fixed. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts