Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Don't know if anyone is still monitoring this post but here is an update.

After new HPOP, IPR, ICP and pigtails still had same problem with low and inconsistent ICP V and pressure. Then it started having hot no start issue and running at idle around 250-300 ICP pressure so I parked it until I could get to it. Removed the turbo and HPOP cover. Put air in through IPR and could hear air from sump and coming out of turbo oil feed after it purged oil in my face. Then removed passenger valve cover and HPOP, installed homemade block off on branch tube inlet and applied air through ICP port. Held 120 psi for a while then started to drop, finally purged enough oil to leak air at injector #1, a lot of air. Removed HPO rail and inspected injector orings and removed nipple cup and oring for inspection. Attached are pictures for review and comment. I don't really see anything wrong with any of it. I have ordered new injector orings and upgraded HHC nipple cups. Being that it is down and I have everything thinking about replacing it all and hopefully being done with this project. Nipple cup was aligned in oil rail because tool slid right down into nut. Where was the air coming from, why don't the orings look destroyed?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Forgot the stupid pictures. These are of #1 position.

1596292778938.jpg 1596292774369.jpg 1596292760333.jpg 1596292756046.jpg 1596292747781.jpg 1596292745721.jpg

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
These pictures are of #3 for comparison.

1596292749760.jpg 1596292751423.jpg

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,294 Posts
Where on the injector is air leaking from? If you get a lot of air from a bleed hole on top, then it is a spool valve issue.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I couldn't tell,just heard and felt air coming from around #1. I can insert nipple cup and devise a way to pressurize to check. Would that cause hot no start? Could it cause my other issues with low and varying icp? These are brand new warren injectors.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So I probably don't need new orings and nipple cups.

·
6,294 Posts
Hard to say, but possibly not.

Wouldn't be the first time brand new Warren injectors has issues.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ok, so have air coming out one of the ports on #1 and #3, #5&7 don't have air coming out of them. So I guess I need to pull left valve cover and check them as well and then get with warren and go from there. So probably don't need oring kits or new nipple cup kit.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Is this something I could have caused or just faulty injectors? Only have about 1500 miles on truck since rebuild last year due to all the HPO issues.

·
6,294 Posts
No, nothing you did IMO.

Some people say that some air coming from those ports is normal. My opinion is that you shouldn't get any "discernible" air from them.

I would say talk to Warren.

Reactions: Hydro

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I agree, only a small amount of air, otherwise the bore or spool fit is wrong or damaged

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
#1 and #3 have significant amount of air coming out, #5 and #7 have no air coming out.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I found my receipt, I bought the premium so have 2 year warranty. Going to pull the left oil rail and check all of them as well then contact WDI and see how they want to handle it.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
One of the guys here rigged a nipple cup to an air hose and used some wood to make a holding fixture, so he could test individual injectors for leaks

Looking for the post, I will link it here if I can find it
Here is the link to that thread -- we chased a few rabbits down the hole, but you can see the air leak in his test

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
If the ICP voltage is bad, but ICP seems normal, than vREF could be bad. Here’s a thread Monitoring Vref with Torque

Basically says check it and if it falls below 4.92 could have a wiring issue. There’s another thread that says more and talks about an issue that was fixed, but can‘t seem to find it.

If the injector fixes the ICP voltage problems, that’d be nice to know also.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts