Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at first I thought it was a problem with my fuel pick up hose, since it only did it while I was below a 1/4 but then yesterday it did it again and it was over 3/4 full. So what happens is I'll start it up and if it idles to long (usually while waiting on the wife) the idle will drop to just above 500 (just below 750 normal) and no matter how long I floor it for it will not rev up. Sometimes it will snap out of it but usually I have to shut it off and restart it. It sounds to me like the fuel filter needs to be replaced. But I figured I'd ask first.

Oh and where is the fuel filter on my 05 f250 ccsb 6.0 L

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That would be a great place to start. When you pop the Hood and look at the top of the motor, you will see two black plastic tops that look like you can put a socket on them. The oil filter is on the left and fuel filter is on right. That is the secondary filter, the primary filter is under the truck in the pump. It is located on the inside frame rail right under the front of the drivers side door. When you look at the pump from the rear of truck you will see another one of those black plastic caps that you can put a socket on. There will be a place for a socket and a place for an extension to get them off, use the socket. You can crack the caps trying to use the extension.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Do you have any gauges like a CTS or a scangauge?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, no I don't have any yet.

The only time it rolls coal is when I romp on it from a stop, or pull some one out of the mud.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I could possibly be a bad connection of the accelerator pedal. These engines are drive by wire. The fact that it runs but won't do anything else would lead me to the accel pedal.

Dik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts