Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It is detuned because of the difference in turbo and other little odds and ends. You can delete it and tune it but you might be buying a turbo soon

·
Banned
798 Posts
I have a 2013 f-550 rated at 300 hp. What can I do to boost it up to 400+hp like the 250 & 350's and still be reliable?
If you were to tune it up you may want to consider adding a wastegate to save the factory turbo.
You would add it in place of the egr valve.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you were to tune it up you may want to consider adding a wastegate to save the factory turbo.
You would add it in place of the egr valve.
Has this even been proven or tested period? I recommend not suggesting someone R&D with the money in their pocket.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Has this even been proven or tested period? I recommend not suggesting someone R&D with the money in their pocket.
Yes it has been proven for years and years on millions of trucks and cars that use wastegates.
A wastegate is not a new invention. It is a standard solution to a turbo that is being oversped by excessive exhaust gas flow and drive pressure.

Has anyone put one on a 6.7 yes Ford did it on the f250/350 turbo.

In fact Ford had one on the 6.7 powerstroke cab and chassis until they are deleted.
The egr is used as a wastegate to prevent turbo overspeed.
So we are not adding anything new, just replacing the stock egr/wastegate with a larger upgraded aftermarket unit.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Woodboy don't forget you guys all cried our turbo kit was not proven.
After 100 units it is working great, and we have 3 other companies mimicking the original design.

Also I think Elite Diesel has done the same thing on a 6.4 deleteing the egr and replacing it with a wastegate IIRC.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Woodboy don't forget you guys all cried our turbo kit was not proven.
After 100 units it is working great, and we have 3 other companies mimicking the original design.

Also I think Elite Diesel has done the same thing on a 6.4 deleteing the egr and replacing it with a wastegate IIRC.
Im sorry I am not even going to reply to this. I can't help but laugh.

To the wastegate solution crap. The turbos are **** on the C&C already and fail in stock form WITH a wastegate. Sure you could open the wastegate sooner, what are you going to do about the air to match the fuel if turned up? Im pretty sure I know what a wastegate does and your smart remark about millions of cars doesn't prove anything as many turbos are in much better form than the stock 6.7 turbos

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im sorry I am not even going to reply to this. I can't help but laugh.

To the wastegate solution crap. The turbos are **** on the C&C already and fail in stock form WITH a wastegate. Sure you could open the wastegate sooner, what are you going to do about the air to match the fuel if turned up? Im pretty sure I know what a wastegate does and your smart remark about millions of cars doesn't prove anything as many turbos are in much better form than the stock 6.7 turbos
Cinder

CFD_shop, hacking yet another thread. Trying to promote their product = really annoying

Maybe try speaking when asked to directly.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Cinder

CFD_shop, hacking yet another thread. Trying to promote their product = really annoying

Maybe try speaking when asked to directly.
:agree: couldn't of said it better myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts