Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made a 800 mile trip with no load. Before the trip, my coolant was low, so I filled it up. Just got back and the resivoir is low. I have no smoke and dont smell anything. There are no puddles or leaks, that I noticed. Has this happened to anyone? I am lost.

I have to make another trip, about 1000 miles in a couple weeks with a nice load and don't want any problems.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm not sure buddy. But my bottle is always almost empty. No matter if I fill it up the day before, just driving around town the thing will be empty the next morning. No leaks, no smell of coolant, just gone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't figure it out. I haven't had any problems with overheating but I don't want any either.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Someone posted a response to a similar problem maybe a month ago. I want to say it was a leak somewhere around the upper rear of the engine... Hopefully they will come on and give ya something to look for.... Here's a Bump for ya anyway...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had some missing coolant as well. I talked with the dealer. They state I should bring it in to get the egr cooler checked out

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I filled it back up and now no problems. It has a mind of its own. I am just going to watch

·
Registered
126 Posts
mine is always low too. the other night i pulled into a parking spot and killed it right away. went in had dinner and when i came back the was a wet spot about 5" in dia. right on the ground at the ned of my tail pipe. now i am thinking head gaskets?

·
Registered
223 Posts
mine is always low too. the other night i pulled into a parking spot and killed it right away. went in had dinner and when i came back the was a wet spot about 5" in dia. right on the ground at the ned of my tail pipe. now i am thinking head gaskets?
could be egr cooler too

·
Registered
126 Posts
they replaced the egr cooler 6,000 miles ago...i wrote it in my sig wrong it was the valve it was valve and cooler

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard that this can be an early sign of head gaskets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts