Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this in the 7.3 area but decided to post it in the General area for more people to see and help me troubleshoot. I have an '02 F-350 LB,CC,4X4. It has an Edge Evo 2, Magnaflow Turbo back exhaust, AFR cold air intake, Adrenaline HPOP, 6.0 IC and a Boost Annihilator. I have never had any trouble with this combo and my EGT's have never reached over 1000 degrees on my gauge. Last Saturday I was coming up a 7% grade that is approx 3 miles long. I have pulled this grade a million times and never seen anything over 900 degrees. On this particular day I was doing about 85 MPH and noticed 3 things all at once- I was blowing more soot than usual, My EGT's were at 1200 degrees, and I was only putting out 12-14 pounds of boost. I usually put out 25-27 pounds with the boost annihilator in place. After that the EGT's go right up to 1000 if you stuff your foot in it. Flat out, no hill, no nothing. I have pulled the turbo off to look at it and I can't find anything wrong with it. No shaft endplay, wastegate appears to be functioning as does the EBPV. I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas? Even the smallest suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Darin

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
check your uppipes, if theres soot on your firewall theres your prob. Also check your IC boots, closely!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts