Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day driving home work, went to get into the left lane and pass a car...When I got on it no power what so ever...take a look at boost gauge and it is reading like 5psi under WOT instead of the 24-25 it used to.

The boost gauge was tapped into a 1/4" that goes to a sensor...I believe it would be like a boost sensor for the truck to let it know how much fuel to put in... I think???
Well figured out the the shop that put the gauges in used a small rubber boot to connect the lines, and over time that came apart so I went and got a little 3 way T-connector and fixed it all up... Now under WOT I'm getting like 20psi or so..

So my question is the computer wouldn't have rewritten something when I wasn't getting any boost to that boost sensor or whatever it maybe since that is the line the gauge is tapped into would it?

Anything else you guys can think of would be great thanks...

And what do you guys with a stock 6.0L see for boost numbers?

·
Registered
61 Posts
cant help with why it changed except mine one time grabbed one of the boots and my finger went rirht through it have someone hold a hard go pedal in park building boost max it out and feel all the boots you will probally find the leak i did.the other tring you fixed might be just that another part of the problem also i get around 22 to 28psi boost hope this helps good luck

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
I would def make sure you dont have a torn boot or something and I dont know if a VGT relearn would help or not, or if that is only for when you unhook the batteries

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't even think about resetting the computer...Might have to try that:dunno:

I tried to locate a different leak but I was alone at the time so I was unable to try and boost it a little bit and take a look...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts