Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some potential causes? Maybe unrelated but for about a day prior I was gettting a "burping" where upon releasing the throttle after a low speed acceleration I would get the burping sound. Than today while pulling a trailer up hill I hear a loud pop, brief oil smell, than under boost there is not much power and it sounds like the AC is running full speed. All the turbo piping is visable intact and the clamps are not loose.

This is on a 06 E350

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
What are some potential causes? Maybe unrelated but for about a day prior I was gettting a "burping" where upon releasing the throttle after a low speed acceleration I would get the burping sound. Than today while pulling a trailer up hill I hear a loud pop, brief oil smell, than under boost there is not much power and it sounds like the AC is running full speed. All the turbo piping is visable intact and the clamps are not loose.

This is on a 06 E350
Most likely either a boot blew or the CAC (intercooler) blew. If you don't see anything with a visual inspection pressure test the CAC system and listen for the leak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
569 Posts

This is on a 06 E350

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like you blew one of the CAC boots off. It's happened to me a few times. You'll be getting on the throttle hard, and all of a sudden "POP! WHOOSHHHH! whistle whistle whistle" and zero power. It's usually the hot side (the one on the passenger side of the truck, by the alternator). I'd check your boots for damage, clean any oil off, and make sure the clamps are on straight and tight.
If it continues to happen, I'd suspect sticking turbo vanes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts