Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 6.0 started smoking badly so I took it to my mechanic. He installed the EGR delete kit, and also found the turbo was shot. I ordered a new turbo, and had him install it. He got finished this week, and took it for a drive. It is still smoking badly. He took it to the Ford dealer to hookup to their computer. I haven't heard back from them so far. Would a bad injector (or injectors) cause it to smoke like that? I thought that unburned fuel would cause black smoke. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1,023 Posts
My 03 6.0 started smoking badly so I took it to my mechanic. He installed the EGR delete kit, and also found the turbo was shot. I ordered a new turbo, and had him install it. He got finished this week, and took it for a drive. It is still smoking badly. He took it to the Ford dealer to hookup to their computer. I haven't heard back from them so far. Would a bad injector (or injectors) cause it to smoke like that? I thought that unburned fuel would cause black smoke. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
White grey smoke and thick is residual coolant in the exhaust.

No guts and smokes thick grey/blue-leaking injectors. Also comes to a stop with a hellascious fuel knock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts