Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 6.0 with just a xcal3 exhaust and zoodad, when i idle the truck for a long time or after turning it off, there is alot of water that forms on the passanger side, it seems to run off the fenderliner and onto the leaf springs, cant trace it any further back, but it ends up being like half a cup to a cup of water, is this normal or bad. Every car I have ever owned has done this, just not THAT much. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Are you running your a/c when it does this?

I dont have any leakage what so ever, but with the a/c on for long periods of time you should see some.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
^^^Thats my first thought if it is coming from the passenger side.:dunno:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weird becuase i never have th AC on just blasting cold air form the outside

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
my ac lines get ICE cold even in the winter..I had so much water coming off the lines and condenser. I would just make sure you can find where the water is coming from and dont worry about it. My friends cummins was doing it last night. and it was like 55 out last night..No AC

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
If I remember my AC systems right, in defrost mode, the AC condensor still runs, and with our rigs so loud, you wouldnt even hear it like you would in a car.

My money is it is the AC dripping.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Its the ac dripping, and yes the comprressor runs in defrost mode, and the reason your truck drips more is because its probly bigger than every other car youve had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts