Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running some errands yesterday and let my truck idle while i ran into the bank, came out 10 min later and drove off, then the truck fell on its face and i couldnt go faster than 20mph. I pulled over shut it down for a min, fired it back up and had some, but not all the power back. I happened to be close to a ford dealer so I dropped it off. Well they called me this morning and said that all they had to do was reprogram the computer and that it was a known TSB. I wanted to see if any of you guys knew about this and if i should be concerned. Dealer said it threw code P0404 1335 EGR position malfunction. If the EGR had a problem, can it be fixed by simply reprogramming? My truck is completely stock and I am now seriously considering going with a Spartan setup. I talked to the svc mgr and he actually told me to get the DPF off and go with a Spartan or SCT... Thanks for any input

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds to me like the computer jsut lost tuning. And as for deleting the dpf, if your svc mgr told you to do it, GO FOR IT. It's going to prolong the life of your engine :thumb:

Plus you'll have LOADS of fun.

Reactions: psmd

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my first diesel and I guess I am just being a little paranoid about them getting my truck in and out so fast, I dropped it off at 5pm last night and they called me at 11am this morning to say it was all good. As for the DPF and tuning, he told me just make sure u return it to stock before trying to get anything major warranted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts