Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I noticed this morning that I have lost alot of power after hitting 3k RPM. I did some searching on here while at work, and thought it was the EGR valve. I pulled the truck in the shop after work and cleaned the valve. I took the truck around the block and am having the same problem. I plugged in my computer and read a code for low inj. pressure. I have been searching here about this problem again. I am having a hard time finding an answer that fits my situation. I did have it at the dealer in Jan, and they replaced something to do with the fuel system. I am going to call them tomorrow and have them fax my history over to me.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I really cant take it to the dealer as it is out of warr now. Thank you. btw it is a 03 f350 6.0

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just talked to the dealer, they said they replaced the ICP sensor when I was in there in Jan. Does anyone know if this could be the problem? Thank you

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
What was the exact code number?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually didn't write it down. I will have to see if it threw it again last night when I limped the truck home. I will try to recover it.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Hmm you said the dealer already changed the icp sensor? What kind of oil are you using and how old is it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is just what the dealer is using. I get the oil changed there. I had it changed in Jan, and it is about 500-600 miles from being due. Would having old oil have anything to do with this?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Yeah it could be an issue if your not using a powerstroke rated oil with antifoaming agents in the oil. If its motorcraft oil then your good. My guess is since you replaced the ICP it could be your high pressure oil pump not keeping up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've always had 15w-40 in mine but dont know where you're at

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
The dealer said they use 10w30. Is that the right oil for these trucks?
Thats fine in colder temps such as the winter months, but I would run a 40 weight oil in the summer months:thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if the dealer offers that wieght. I am taking it in in the morning to see what they say. I am kind of tired of always having problems with the truck. This is not the first time that I am having problems. This will be the 6th time in the dealer in 2 years. I think I'll have it detailed and then put up for sale. I really love this truck, but am tired of the problems. I think it's time for a change.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
I wish ya good luck on getting your truck fixed up:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts