Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post...

I have the last 2005 Excursion sold and registered in Canada.

It has been 'problematic' since new and I have gone through two engines, three transmissions, both axles, two fuel systems two oil systems etc etc etc... thusly referred to as 'The Last Melon'...

The issue that is presenting itself now is that on occasion, I am getting a huge amount of smoke, and a soft/non responsive pedal.

The vehicle for the most part is finally running well with repeatable 25-27 mpg on the highway... but my 2 new egt probes (mounted far back on the manifold) are reading a wee bit high at cruise (900-950 f at 70mph) than I recall.

The vehicle only has 140km on the clock and has had everything changed that can cause problems, and replaced with after market fixes (EDE fuel system, injectors, H11s, intercooler, fully built transmission, co-pilot, FS2500, coolant filter, external oil cooler, etc etc etc...)

I have looked all over for intake/exhaust leaks and cannot seem to ID any, does any one have any suggestions as to what I may be missing?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Do you have a monitor?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Are you building boost at all? Sounds like your trucks not getting enough air :dunno:

Did this happen all of the sudden or did it get progressively worse over time?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
What color is the smoke, and are you monitoring ficm voltage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's soot (black) and I just replaced the FICM 3 weeks ago. When the last FICM went, it was fine one day, dead the next, not like the previous one that gradually went over the course of a few weeks.

I am pretty puzzled - where can I check the voltage of the FICM?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
It's soot (black) and I just replaced the FICM 3 weeks ago. When the last FICM went, it was fine one day, dead the next, not like the previous one that gradually went over the course of a few weeks.

I am pretty puzzled - where can I check the voltage of the FICM?

Cheers.
Google.....you need a monitor like edge cts, so you can monitor drivin down the road.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts