Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Ford F250 7.3L 4x4. I was hauling a trailer today and when I hit the O/D button to turn it off, it did not turn off - then my gauges (gas, speed, temp, etc) all zeroed out (dash looked like truck was off) and I lost forward motion. I could hit the gas and nothing happened. The engine would not rev up and I could not go forward. I still had reverse power and could back it up but I when I shifted back in Drive - nothing. I could stop/start the engine just fine. Just couldn't go anywhere. Is this a fuse and if so, which one? It was weird how it just happened so fast - like a fuse blew. There was no noise or sound to indicate major issue - just didn't shut the O/D off when I hit the shifter. Lost everything described above from there. Yes it is an automatic. Tried D, 2,1 and R. Only R worked. Please help!! I hope someone has had this happen before. I thought maybe a fuse but I have no idea where to even start. :dunno:

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is a fuse panel under the knee blocker there is a fuse there that blows. the wire for the O/D solenoid rubs through on the shifter lever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts