Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a few opinions guys, yesterday I drove 20miles hwy no problem to Doc appt. Upon leaving and entering on ramp on the intertsate I lost boost but way still able to maintain 65-70 floored after about 3 miles turbo kicked in and shot up to 32psi and I backed off ran fine rest off the day:dunno: Mods are Afe stage 2 straight piped and predator tow tune. Thought possibly turbo vanes sticking, always ran truck hard without abusing it to try keep EGR clean and stanadyn every tank since rolling off the lot. Might be bolting kitty back in if I need the dealer help, whach yall think??? Thanks John

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Need a few opinions guys, yesterday I drove 20miles hwy no problem to Doc appt. Upon leaving and entering on ramp on the intertsate I lost boost but way still able to maintain 65-70 floored after about 3 miles turbo kicked in and shot up to 32psi and I backed off ran fine rest off the day:dunno: Mods are Afe stage 2 straight piped and predator tow tune. Thought possibly turbo vanes sticking, always ran truck hard without abusing it to try keep EGR clean and stanadyn every tank since rolling off the lot. Might be bolting kitty back in if I need the dealer help, whach yall think??? Thanks John
Wastegate got stuck maybe? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
No wastegate on a 6.0l. Same basic concept though with variable vanes. I have had that happen a couple times, but only when tuned. I cleaned the turbo about a month ago, and it hasn't happened so far.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No wastegate on a 6.0l. Same basic concept though with variable vanes. I have had that happen a couple times, but only when tuned. I cleaned the turbo about a month ago, and it hasn't happened so far.
My truck has 25K on it and installed tune at 10K, just curious when you pulled your turbo to clean it how bad did it look? I'm going to load the stock file and clean the egr for the first time and we'll see. Thanks

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They recommend the first turbo cleaning at 50k. I think the tuner has something to do with it. When I gun it to get on the freeway, and let off, my exhaust sounds different for a couple miles. If I try to gun it again it has no power, and just blows smoke like crazy. Let off the throttle for a few seconds and then hit it, and it gets up and goes like normal. That still happens even after the turbo cleaning. I don't have a boost gage at the moment, so I couldn't tell you the boost condition during this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts