Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford has replaced my Job1 radiator already. No obvious pools of coolant underneath...but using/losing coolant. Pressurized system. Lost 8 psi overnight. Any ideas...please. Ford has a TSB re: two O-rings rather than one where radiator hoses attach to radiator...but no leaks there. Where should I look next. Thanks in advance. Johnny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford has replaced my Job1 radiator already. No obvious pools of coolant underneath...but using/losing coolant. Pressurized system. Lost 8 psi overnight. Any ideas...please. Ford has a TSB re: two O-rings rather than one where radiator hoses attach to radiator...but no leaks there. Where should I look next. Thanks in advance. Johnny
Same boat as you!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coolant lose:(

At first, I thought the worst: maybe stretched head bolts, blown head gasket, washing down a cylinder...but no obvious signs out exhaust. Not sure where to go next. It was a TSB, not a recall: therefore Ford told me where to go:))))

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. I went to Ford in Oneonta NY and they told me I had to replace my radiator for $1300 before they would look at anything else. I asked them to prove to me the radiator leaks at 45,000 miles and the truck ran for 2 hours and no leak. They then said that it had to cool because it only leaks when it cools down. Still no leak. I told them that my EG Cooler was bad. They said it wasn't blowing anti freeze out the exhaust. I advised them that I had already filled the radiator twice with water, there was no coolant in the system. I ended up in an argument and went to get my truck. As i drove away I had a steam cloud coming out of the exhaust for 2 miles and it quit. They simply would not believe me about the EG Cooler. I now have an appointment in DECEMBER with a dealer who has a good diesel mechanic. I love the truck but hate the service. It's borderline fraud what they try to get away with.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My truck wont stop leaking from the small hose on top of the engine that goes in the square stainless tube(not sure what it is). i tried several different types of clamps, cut the hose a half in shorter and it still leakes. its starting to piss me off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hose on top

@Futbal: I kinda remember someone on the Forum mentioning this hose, but forgot where it is located. Can you help??? I think they said the wrong clamp could collaspe the pipe..but you mention stainless steel. Is it easy to get to?? Thx. If I solve "our" problem, I will let you know asap. I also forgot how to PM anybody. Sorry:((( Johnny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts