Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes a lope on start? 97 F350 that's been converted to a manual. Does it anywhere from 3-6 seconds no matter warm or cold, I blip the throttle after it fires and it smooths out? I plan on going to a lighter oil but want to make sure nothing else is causing it.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
On the OBS trucks it takes a few seconds for the mechanical fuel pump to build full pressure causing it to lope on startup.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will double check on the pcm, I am not 100% sure if it was re flashed. I'm puzzled because our 2 other 7.3s don't do it, one is Efuel and the other is the stock pump but both are auto.

82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I confirmed the PCM is the correct one for the manual tranny, now onto the next possibility, the truck has 170K miles on it.
I know it's been a few days since you posted. Do you have an engine heater? If so plug it in for a solid 4-8 hours depending on the outside temps. Go ahead & fire it up to see if your loping is still an issue or if there is any change at all.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sorry for not responding, turns out the pcm was still the auto one, got tunes from php and it has since corrected it, runs great now.
I figured as much. You had the typical signs of running an auto tune with manual trans.

When you originally responded back saying it had a manual PCM, what method did you use to confirm this? Just curious.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured as much. You had the typical signs of running an auto tune with manual trans.

When you originally responded back saying it had a manual PCM, what method did you use to confirm this? Just curious.
i called shop i bought it from, who said it originally came to them already converted. they then converted it from a zf5 to a zf6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts