Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i hear alot of this looney tune. i have sct livewire w/ the dfuser race tune. what is the difference?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Just different tuning. It's something of a preference thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe most race tunes given to people without headstuds are somewhat equivalent...at least that's what I got from research. As for the Looney tune, it's a great race tune and very streetable. Dj and Vivian are also top notch people to deal with and in most cases (if Vivian isn't too busy) get tunes out the same day. I believe you just have to purchase tunes from variuos vendors (IDP, Elite, Dfuser, Spartan, and DJ's) and try some of the different tunes out there and let your truck tell you which one it likes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would think the tunes from DJ might be a little safer. I have seen Bill from Dfuser post in the past about adjusting timing for power. DJ doesn't mess with timing because it increases CP's and causes problems down the line.

I personally feel like DJ's tunes are the safest out there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I run djs looney tune everyday i like it because when i get on it hard i only build 28 psi of boost so im not really scared about blowing a head gasket.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
28 pounds? that seems kinda low for looney and with your mods? I usually see about 33-35 with my old looney, most I ever hit was 36. My new tunes right now see about 33. My old street file was just plain nasty though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts