Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the leveling kit on the front of my truck and like the looks of it.

So . . . I just bought a truck camper that we will use when we go jeeping. I can't wait to wake up with a nice feeling back, no more tent camping. With the Trailer and jeep and then the truck camper to boot I think it'll sag it pretty good.

I will have this set up maybe 10 times a year and the rest of the time she'll be unloaded.

With that being said do you think I should remove the leveling kit or buy a set of air bags?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have the leveling kit on the front of my truck and like the looks of it.

So . . . I just bought a truck camper that we will use when we go jeeping. I can't wait to wake up with a nice feeling back, no more tent camping. With the Trailer and jeep and then the truck camper to boot I think it'll sag it pretty good.

I will have this set up maybe 10 times a year and the rest of the time she'll be unloaded.

With that being said do you think I should remove the leveling kit or buy a set of air bags?

Thanks in advance!!
Well that depends on how much dough you got!! You would have alot more hauling potential with the airbags and you've got an excuse lol!

·
Registered
82 Posts
One caution the leveling kit lifted the front so now the usual settling of the springs make the rear look lower. If you add bags that will stop the droop, but it does it by not letting the spring naturally settle. By installing the bags it stops the natural settle but it really stiffens the ride. If you install a taller lift block in the rear then it still allows the springs to settle a little and keep ride quality. The actual best would be a lift block to help height and bags for capacity but thats $

I dont know if that made sense but I just went thru this with my bro-inlaw. He added just bags but when he aired up to keep rear end up it was a really stiff ride. So he installed a larger rear block then, kept his air pressure lower. I am no mechanic or suspension expert by any means at all that was just an experience I had.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
airbag kist are decently priced. I would go with that. Dont take off your leveling kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts