Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may already know I have been wanting to do a diesel convertion on my 1983 Toyota pickup!! I have had no luck finding a engine in the states that wasnt 4-5 grand (I could find a whole truck for that) Well good news a place in texas is selling used Diesel engines (they also sell honda bs too) they come strait from Japan and are taken out of cars there. And there aviarage asking price around 2k not bad for what Ive been looking at!! My only question has anyone done a diesel swap in a toyota 4x4?? It looks like its going to be a pain! Im hoping they get an older engine from a early 90s truck soon they arent that much diffrent! But if anyone has done this let me know!! (Oh yeah i dont have to worry about emmisions Im from Arizona and the truck just became a classic) Just thought I would let you all know Im very exited to get the chance to build a Diesel Toyota!!!:woot::woot::thumb::thumb::nod::nod: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Congrats on the find man!!! :woot:

As far as info on the swap, go to 4btswap.com They have a good bit of info, and not just about the Cummins. What kind of engine are you picking up???

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats man. What engine are you looking at?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4Runner-HiLUXPick Up 2L TE EFI Its a 2.0 a little smaller then the 2.2l i have now but it should work. Still debating tho but im going to do it sooner insted of later

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Sounds Good:thumb: Post pics once you get it underway. Cool project.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Sweet, If I am thinking of the correct engine, those are pretty tough little motors. Also, something to keep in mind, you may want to research how hhard it is to find parts for that motor here in the States....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts