Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the title say I have been think of go to 6.4 mainly because I can't afford a 6.7 or to put leather and all the goodies in it that just come stock in a Larait or King Ranch pick up also I want a long box and it to be a one ton. So I guess my question is do you guys that have 6.4's would you ever go back to a 6.0 my truck is built and built right and I would do all the thing to a 6.4 that should be done. So that my question is the truck just the truck no gadgets or anything worth it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you like the 6.0 then you will love the 6.4. The power difference is night and day. For about 2k you can DPF delete, program, exhaust intake and EGR delete. Fuel mileage went to 17mpg around town and 21.6 interstate. Keep in mind they get mpg stock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know about the work that goes into them to get that mpg and power but if just the truck is knight and in itself I think I have a no brainier to just go 6.4

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
I love my 6.4. It makes me smile every day. I haven't seen a built 6.0 in person however. My tuned 6.4 is 100% different (and better) than it was stock. It also doesn't compare to my roommates stock 7.3 (but then again I don't think that compares to a 6.0 either). I also drove a new stock 6.7 and it was nice but I enjoyed my truck more.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You will get a pretty big upgrade going to a 6.4 since you have the first body style and interior of the Super Duty. the interior really didnt change much from 6.4 to 6.7 besides the layout of buttons and the 6.7 has a little screen by the gauges. Overall, the interior of the 6.4 has the creature comforts that the 6.7 has minus cooled seats which i hate them in our 2011 explorer. you will love the 6.4, stock they suck but tuned they are an animal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recently just purchased my 6.4, but before hand i test drove several 6.0 and the handling, the interior were far much better in the 6.4's rather than the 6.0. I spent a bit more but IMO it was worth the difference. Just riding along, the interior wise you can almost not even know you have a diesel its that quiet. The hard part is getting a new to you truck and having to spend to set it up to what you want. And possible another payment. I love the 6.4 and glad with my choice. but I had a gasser before, which made my decision that much easier. Good luck on your choice!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Best thing that ever happened was my 6.0 getting stolen (even tho at the time I thought it was the worst) because I went out and got a 6.4. The interior and ride quality alone is enough to make the switch and the power difference is crazy!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
My friend has a 6.0 CC KR and I ride in it often. It's louder and rides rough even though he has 18's and I have 20's. The cab feels a lot older too interior-wise. The diesel sound is present no matter if you're inside or outside. He does report better MPG on the lie-o-meter than mine.

Mine, on the other hand, is quiet and feels like it is way more powerful. The cab feels better appointed... like someone actually was thinking about how the interior pieces go together rather than just throwing in some seats, a center console, and other random bits as needed.

I have another friend who just bought a 6.7 CC Lariat and it is even quieter than mine and rides slightly better, but I can't rule out that his OEM 20" tire combo isn't causing most of the difference. He did have a 6.4 CC Lariat and says it's no comparison ride-wise (6.7 wins).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I do not know the 6.0, but it's my second 6.4 and even stock it makes me smile every day I drive it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts