Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 F-250 no sync just the standard cd. I am putting in the pioneer Avic-x920bt i need to find the reverse signal input and the speed sensor input wires. Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
B/up camera

I tapped into mine underneath the passenger side Oh-$hit handle. Actually I had to disconnect the factory back up camera in the rear view, it seemed that the signal was not strong enough to power both displays. There are 3 wires encased in foil, cant remember the wire color off the top of my head. I have it written down somewhere if you absolutely get stuck send me an email, I very rarely check this site anymore. [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ignore my post above...I was thinking rear view cam. Try avic411.com for questions about the Pioneer radio installs. I am thinking the speed sensor (VSS wire) and the headlight control wires (for dimming purposes) are a part of the CAN Bus system. You will need to get ahold of the wiring schematic for the truck for the colors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
2009 F-250 no sync just the standard cd. I am putting in the pioneer Avic-x920bt i need to find the reverse signal input and the speed sensor input wires. Any help would be really appreciated.
Reverse is Green/Brown in driver side kick panel
Speed Sense is Purple/Orange in the customer access harness above driver kick panel

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Thread resurrection in order to help people searching for an answer. I came across this using GOOGLE and didn't get what I needed :p

Your mileage may vary...

On a 2008 F450 SD I found it easily just under the steering column. I like this wire as it is easy to get to... green with a yellow stripe. The plug is located directly under the column on the inside of the trim panel dead center. The wire exits the top row of the plug about 2 or 3 wires back.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts