Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new to gauges and to a chip so I need to know some basics like drivng temps and boost and evan some advice on pulling my 8,000 Ilb snow mobile trailer. so any help would be greatly accepted.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
someone back me up on this but i believe the most for an extended period of time that you (dont) want to see is about 220* trans temp, 1250* EGT temp, and then boost you dont really want to see anything over 30 psi with a stock turbo, not only will any extra not help you on HP numbers but also will shorten the life of the turbo.

What type of stuff did you get what brand? cause it is hard to help out without knowing what type of chip and what numbers it claims for power increase.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry the truck is 99 crew cab manual. I have 4inch Mrpb Exhaust, and s&b intake and I got sold on the back down feature of the Edge Juice with attiude.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Keep the EGTs below 1300° for any length of time and keep boost under 30 psi, otherwise hammer down. You can go over 1300° with no problems but the higher the temps go the shorter time you can be there without dammage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts