Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title, I am looking for 2 or 3 pod pillar mounted gauge pictures..

If you have them installed how are you monitoring boost pressure and are you getting it from one turbo or both?

Just curious...

Thanks....

·
Registered
573 Posts
There arent 2 seperate boost pressure points, just one final. The 08's aren't a twin turbo per se but instead a sequential turbo setup. The smaller feeds the larger turbo. There is no wastegate or Variable vane setup on the larger turbo since its pressure is controlled by the smaller initial turbo.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There arent 2 seperate boost pressure points, just one final. The 08's aren't a twin turbo per se but instead a sequential turbo setup. The smaller feeds the larger turbo. There is no wastegate or Variable vane setup on the larger turbo since its pressure is controlled by the smaller initial turbo.
Yes I know this, it was just wording, and I have read a few posts on other boards about people monitoring boost pressure on each (in sequential setup form)... but thanks

Ah, thank you...:thumb:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Do you just like the look of analog gauges?
Because digital gauges can monitor all of that stuff by just plugging it in and setting the parameters you want to watch.

I just bought an MSD Dash Hawk. It's very small and fits in the same pod as the Edge Attitude or Insight, and can read just about every parameter the truck has.
I've got mine set to read the up pipe EGT, Trans temp, turbo boost and coolant temps. You can read up to six at a time if you choose, but all I am really interested is EGT.
It's a lot easier and hardly any work.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Do you just like the look of analog gauges?
Because digital gauges can monitor all of that stuff by just plugging it in and setting the parameters you want to watch.

I just bought an MSD Dash Hawk. It's very small and fits in the same pod as the Edge Attitude or Insight, and can read just about every parameter the truck has.
I've got mine set to read the up pipe EGT, Trans temp, turbo boost and coolant temps. You can read up to six at a time if you choose, but all I am really interested is EGT.
It's a lot easier and hardly any work.

Using digital looks cool and works just fine for everyday use.....but if you use the truck hard and want accurate reliable readings then you need mechanical gauges

1 - 9 of 9 Posts