Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wd 1999 cc sb psd and I want to lift it but the options are limited enough that I want to see some examples of what I would end up with after. I have heard that a 6" lift will only get you marginally (1/2") taller than a stock 4wd but no pics at all. I know there are not going to be a lot on here, but there must at least be some! I have searched here, other boards and Google and have come up almost completely dry.

Would somebody with a lifted 2wd F250 please put some damn pictures on the internet!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Always wonderd why ppl lifted 2wd's. Maybe you can fill me in. Not being an *** just wondering

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had trucks that were stock, lowered and lifted and for me lifted is the only way that looks right. I'm not against 4wd trucks at all, but a 2wd was the only thing in my price range so that's what I got. This truck will likely never leave the road but for a truck this big it just looks too short.

again, strictly looks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You could always lift yours, take some pictures and show the rest of us... Jk. If you find some let me know, I'd like a little lift on mine

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Always wonderd why ppl lifted 2wd's. Maybe you can fill me in. Not being an *** just wondering
actually most of the time u dont need 4wd while ur offroading i had a 2wd drive with a 6' lift and i was going thru more than my friends 4wd same truck i think it was because of the weight difference!

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
Well, mine is not really lifted, but it is leveled with a 2 inch spacer... Does that count? :nod:

It's an appearance thing really. Much like chrome rims or blacked out head/tail lights. These trucks look good lifted, whether it's 2 or 4 wheel drive. For me, I hated the "nose down" look of the truck, it looked like my suspension was broken.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That absolutely does count. Did you have to get the alignment bushings too or were you able to align it within spec without them?

Looks good, I'm planning on spacers first, then 6" lift/wheels/tires, then maybe body lift if I want more.

·
6,471 Posts
That absolutely does count. Did you have to get the alignment bushings too or were you able to align it within spec without them?

Looks good, I'm planning on spacers first, then 6" lift/wheels/tires, then maybe body lift if I want more.
You really need the adjustment cams, the kit puts the wheels out more than 2 degrees!

·
6,471 Posts
If you want to do the 6in lift anyway, save your money, do the lift and don't do the spacers. It will just be wasted money if you do the spacers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Im not agianst lifted trucks but Knowing how to drive the truck off road will get you farther then lifting it or having 4x4. Just something to think about.
But i will say lifted trucks do look nice but i will never lift mine diesel fuel cost to much to decrease my mpg to look cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts