Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Am considering & researching the possibility of swapping an older PSD into an '07 F-350 and replacing the 6.0L. Has anyone come across this type of swap or perhaps knows someone directly who has done it. Suspect it might not be that bad after you get by electronics issue. My most likely candidate to drop in would be the 7.3; '02-03 version. Also, replacement engine will front the '07 Ford automatic. Any input would be appreciated. My Ford mechanic thinks I'm nuts but that's OK, he should hear what I think of him and his narrow view of the world.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
290 Posts
well, if youre gonna swap somethin you might as well hit destroked.com , and do it right, ha but i would build up the 6.0 before i would put in a 7.3,

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could always throw a Cummins in it, that seems like a pretty common swap?

·
Registered
423 Posts
hell ya 7. 3 or a 5.9 2gen good swap

·
Registered
290 Posts
thats what destroked.com is cummins swaps

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Cummins all the way...

·
Registered
601 Posts
ARE YOU GUYS OK?????????
i thought this site was powerstroke.org not cummins.org??
i know there good motors but id take my 7.3 over it any day. i hate it when i see a ford with a cummins, thats like saying i wish i had a dodge.
id love to see a 7.3 in an 07
good luck

·
Registered
223 Posts
ARE YOU GUYS OK?????????
i thought this site was powerstroke.org not cummins.org??
i know there good motors but id take my 7.3 over it any day. i hate it when i see a ford with a cummins, thats like saying i wish i had a dodge.
id love to see a 7.3 in an 07
good luck
or it could be like putting the toughest , easiest power ( cummins ) into a better truck . Its not like international and ford are so in love

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
fordcummins.com is another site that you can check for stuff on the conversion. i dont know the cummins is a great engine with big time potential. i know the 7.3 is also a good engine. and dodge doesnt own cummins they were just lucky enough to get the contract. it would have been nice if ford wouldve hooked up with them along time ago instead of international because they wouldnt be in the BIND they are right now..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
ford superduty +common rail cummins = baddest truck on the planet

·
Registered
601 Posts
i know dodge doesnt own cummins. i just have pride in driving a ford and i dont want to admit dodge was smarted when they chose there diesel. i would rather buy a dodge then put a cummins in a ford.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ford superduty +common rail cummins = baddest truck on the planet
:thumb: i agree
superdutys are the best pickups out there and cummins are damn good engines most guys with cummins are buying the truck for the motor not because its a dodge
that being said i like my 7.3's but if i had the time and money to do it i'd have a 07 superduty with a commonrail and a nv5600

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i dont know man from what ive heard the allison has a lot of problems once you start puttin power to them. and they are some big they rob more HP/tourgue than any other tranny on the market. i think ill have to agree with lazer nv5600 all the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts