Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a real nice low mileage (100k or less) 7.3. Must be crew cab and 4x4. Other than that, I’m pretty flexible. I’d prefer short bed, but I’ll go long bed for the right truck. I’m not new to the game, I’ve owned several and I know the good ones are hard to find. Cash in hand and ready to fly to see a good truck. I’m willing to pay what I feel the truck is worth...I’ll pay $35k for a truck that’s worth $35k...or I’ll pay $18k for a truck that’s worth $18k...just depends on the truck. Thanks for any leads. And if you have a lead please PM me...I’d rather not have you post it here and someone else beat me to it lol.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Good luck on the unicorn hunt. Just for kicks I searched my local classifieds in Utah. 242 total 7.3 trucks for sale. And 0 with under 100k miles. Of course there's a few that come up under 100k, but then you go look at them and it's under 100k on the motor, but way more on the body. Good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I’ve decided to go a different route. I consider myself a dedicated 7.3 guy. I have owned several, and I refused to own any other diesel. My last 7.3 was a gorgeous CC SB 4x4 that I sold 7 months ago because it was starting to have too many issues (non mechanical stuff, deteriorating due to age). I owned that truck for 9 years; loved it to death. But after searching day and night for the past few weeks for another one, I’ve come to the conclusion that most of the people selling 7.3s have lost their minds. Guys are asking $30k plus for trucks with 100k miles and need work??? Come on. I’m seeing OBS extended cabs with 200k miles listed in the mid $20’s??? Are people actually paying these prices? I was ready, willing, and able to drop what most people would consider stupid money (mid 30’s) on a really nice example with low miles. I was ready to fly out to the west coast to look at a truck with around 70k miles at a price of $32k. When the guy finally sent me some good pictures, I realized the truck needed body work and a complete repaint. Ridiculous. Oh well, guess I need to start looking elsewhere.

On a side note, the 7.3 I sold back in January was a really clean CC SB Lariat 4x4 with 135k miles. Very clean truck with a built trans, Mishimoto radiator...a ton of upgrades and a great truck. It had some issues, it was 19 years old, but it was a great truck. I sold it for what I thought was a strong yet fair price...$18k. After looking around the last couple weeks, I guess maybe I should’ve been asking $38,999 for it.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Hey I think I have a truck for you. I found it a few years ago and have been keeping it in the barn for when my DD 7.3 needs retirement. It is an extended cab obs, and an auto, both things I wasn’t looking for at the time, but it is truly outstanding. I can put together a list of all the things it has done to it, I am the second owner and I have all paperwork including window sticker from the first owner. It’s a summer time only Colorado pickup. It will need nothing at all if you want it. Give me a call. 719-980-5102

Barrett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just when I was about to give up hope on finding one...I found the unicorn. And it was only 45 minutes away from me.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts