Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an aftermarket front bumper with a winch mount, LED light mount, and a pre-runner style guard.

I haven't found one that ticks all the boxes - suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
19,195 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Trailready

·
Vendor
208 Posts
We sell quite a bit of the Addictive Desert Designs bumpers, if anyone wants a great price, PM me! Their bumpers can be ordered with a winch, fairlead and lights and all very high quality gear.

I love this one...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm curious as to how much weight difference there is between the stock bumper and many of the aftermarket units. Obviously depends on what bumper you want, but are the aftermarket ones generally heavier? They sure look heavier.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I'm curious as to how much weight difference there is between the stock bumper and many of the aftermarket units. Obviously depends on what bumper you want, but are the aftermarket ones generally heavier? They sure look heavier.
Looks like the general consensus on the forum is the factory bumper weighs about 50-60 lbs, and the ranch hand bumper/grill guards we see around Texas weight about 300 lbs.

·
Vendor
208 Posts
Depending on the specific bumper they are generally a bit heavier. It shouldn't be an issue however take measurements and note the sag. If it changes the height than it should be addressed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks like the general consensus on the forum is the factory bumper weighs about 50-60 lbs, and the ranch hand bumper/grill guards we see around Texas weight about 300 lbs.
With the Pickup Pak I have installed, the truck already weighs just under 10k. Startin' to get heavy! When we toss in our RV gear and hook up our trailer, it begins to get 'noticeable'. :grin: I guess I'll forget about wanting a winch . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ranch Hand Legend is an awesome bumper plus get yourself a little ledge to step into when doing maintenance under the hood most "plate" bumpers you lose the ability to step onto it. Plus the extra forward weight makes it ride smoother on the front end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts