Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here steer me in the right direction to where i can find a 6.9 (older) engine for my 86 F250

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'd give craigslist a try. Where you located? I've found a few here in WI and down near the Chicago area

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd give craigslist a try. Where you located? I've found a few here in WI and down near the Chicago area
im in the Dallas area..i look on craigslist all the time i play and collect guitars as well..so im on there always looking for something...i keep a heads up on several things.............NICE F250

·
Registered
466 Posts
yeah it was a great truck. forced to sell it the family came first

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
drop a 7.3 idi in it ..

it will bolt right up thats what I did when our old 86 F350 6.9L wrecker droped a valve.. I put in a 1990 7.3L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drop a 7.3 idi in it ..

it will bolt right up thats what I did when our old 86 F350 6.9L wrecker droped a valve.. I put in a 1990 7.3L
yeah i know that..i would just rather put a 6.9 back in there..and the only bad thing is is when i bought this 86 F250 the guy that had it his wife was driving it and he told her to be careful and not let it get hot, for some reason and it did..anyway he took the diesel out and put in a 351 and you know what you have to do to do that....so my cross member has a hole cut in it to allow room for the oil filter

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im the guy with that f350 and parts in the pics

Hey Im the guy with that f350 diesel 4 door dually. Im in the chicago area and the truck is in Palatine. Email me at [email protected] or call me at 1 847 668 9734 if your interested. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drop a 7.3 idi in it ..

questions:

#1 will the transmission i have ( from the 6.9 bolt up to the 7.3)

#2 are the cross members the same? will i have to do any modifying?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts