Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off hope everyones having a good labor day weekend!:D
theres a truck at an auction i kinda like its a 2006 ford king ranch edition problem is it doesnt run right. but i think itll go cheap enough to fix if its even worth fixing lol

ok problems has hard starts.when idling rpms go up and down. and if u give it gas itll drop down to about 400-500 rpms then catch itself. i turned the steering wheel and the extra power it needed from the power steering pump made it die...its running pretty rough.. seems ok when u give it gas in the higher rpms..any ideas? thanks

dont have any way to check for codes or anything and it has 132k miles

·
Registered
983 Posts
Could be batteries and FICM which would be pretty easy. Could be injectors. With out anything at all to check t out with it is really hard to say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i was thinking injectors too..are they alot of work to replace? and yea no way to check does suck idk 6.0s seem to have alot of issues and its probably not smart to buy one knowing it clearly has an issue. lol but a 4 door king ranch for 7k or less is interesting
Ive never heard of the FICM before ive only had cummins but im looking it up right now seems to kind of make sense because the truck doesnt smoke at all on startup or while running

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in picking a crew cab KR for that kind of money. Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
The truck will definitely smoke if it was the FICM. Once it would warm up, then it would generally lessen a little bit. Might be an oil pressure issue. How does it sound when running? Does it run real hard and sound like a 7.3? 6.0 liters generally sound a little smoother and not quite as rough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts