Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so possibly gonna take a look at this 6.4 that's close to me. I currently own a 2001 7.3 and love the no emmisions part of it but would like something more refined and updated, plus I need a crew cab kids are getting older and I need the room as I have a supercab on my 01. Love the 6.4s for the power and looks, ive read all the horror stories :eek:hnoes: watched a lot of threads on here and powerstrokearmy and have listened to all your comments on other threads, i know there's always a gamble with these things I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular to this vehicle and what's been done to it if I should be asking certain questions? or looking/listening for anything? I have autoenginuity with ford bundle should I hook that up and look for anything in particular? He says he has all the receipts for work and parts done to the truck since owning it. This truck would only be my weekend warrior/tow pig I will only put roughly 7-10k miles per year on it MAX as I have a DD I drive to work, Any and ALL comments/suggestions welcome and thanks in advance!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6203551981.html

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@crazysob [MENTION=74885]@toren302 @kaya any opinions? Wondering with the parts that have been replaced lately is there anything else that you guys have seen that is going to need attention?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
A history of on time oil changes, stock engine or modified?, number of owners and type of owners

After looking at the add, I'd walk away from that. As I nit pick, I see cheap halo headlights, crap paint job on the side emblems, it says "high pressure oil pump" in the add, run of the mill black wheels and flares.....All points to someone that probably doesnt have the knowledge or the means $$ wise to maintain a 6.4. Probably someone bought a 6.4 wanting a diesel and threw a tuner and some cheesy things on it and beat it showing off. And the wording of the add, "this monster,?" spelling errors, "need for a diesel?"...etc.

The style of the truck points to the last owner being the suburban flat brim diesel bro amateur rap artist that drive around blacking out everything that we've all met before.

But hey I might be wrong haha

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bradmitch,ars5147 thanks for the inputs,I know the "typical" things to look for i.e.,excessive blow by,popping out of intake,popping out of exh.,check coolant color,cond. ect. ect. Just don't want to buy a trashed motor with a nice truck wrapped around it(I know no one does) especially if there's hidden things I can check,or stuff that jumps out at anyone that's more knowledgeable on the 6.4 than me(everyone lol)like stated previously just want something a little newer with more comforts and power,not looking to build a drag truck just want it to pull my hauler with ease and be reliable when needed. If I could find a 6.7 In my price range I would look there also but harder to do as there still drawing higher prices in our area,thanks for any and all help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts