Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some dick cepek wheels and they are only offered in 17 & 20". I am thinking about going to the 17's with 285 tires to keep the speedometer true, not screw up gearing, etc...

My big question is the offset, they only offer 0mm offset in the ones i like, how much is that going to stick out past the stock rims?? I don't want them to stick out much, and i don't really want to have to put aftermarket fender flares on like i did my last truck (although this one has stock ones, but don't stick out nearly as far, since my truck is a two tone fx4).

Anyone have the answer as to how far they will stick out from stock?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
With a 0mm offset on 285 tires? Not sure. Probably between 1/4 and 3/4 of an inch. Just a ballpark though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
And I mean past the stock metal fenders. Not compared to the stock tires.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
We are missing to much information to solve your question

What size are your stock wheels?

What width are the new wheels?

The reason I need that is the 18's have a +40 offset and 8" wide. While the 20's have a +19 offset, and 10" wide.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Ok now after doing some research I am confused to. The 20" rims are also only 8" wide.
I am having trouble finding the actual offset of the stock wheels.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah all the stock rims are 8" wide. The 18's and the 20's. Been that way since at least 2005. Stock tires are 275, I believe? Typical stock rim offset for 2011 and 2012 is +40mm as far as I know. So my bad. A 285 with 0 offset would be about 1.75" wider than stock, I believe.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yeah all the stock rims are 8" wide. The 18's and the 20's. Been that way since at least 2005. Stock tires are 275, I believe? Typical stock rim offset for 2011 and 2012 is +40mm as far as I know. So my bad. A 285 with 0 offset would be about 1.75" wider than stock, I believe.
That sounds right to me 45/25.4.

45 (40 offset plus 5 (1/2 the difference in the new width)) / 25.4 (MM in an Inch)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I don't know how but I read right over the 275 & 285 widths the first time through his post.:doh:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you guys think that they will stick out 1.75" past the stock wheel/tire combo? I have the 18" wheels that come standard on the lariats. The new wheels are 17*9

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes that's what I'm saying. The height of the rim doesn't matter much when it comes to width of the setup. It'll only dictate a small bit of tire bulge. The originals are 1 inch narrower than the new ones. But the 285 tire width and the 0 offset will still dictate the width of the setup.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts