Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying my first diesel truck period. Always been a truck guy but been with gas engines all my life. Finally looking at making the plunge into a real truck!! Anyways, the question I have is about the exterior features of the F250. Is there visually a difference in the height of the truck equipped with the FX4 package verses just a 4x4 package. And both trucks would come with the same 20" wheels. Just curious if there was a height difference between the two from the outside appearence. I wanted the FX4 but the local dealer only has the 4x4 in stock with everything else i wanted.

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Height wise no difference. With the FX4 package you would get skid plates for the Tcase and fuel tank along with down hill descent control. What normally make them sit higher in the front is if the truck has the snow plow prep package because they come with heavier front springs to handle the weight of a plow.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Height wise no difference. With the FX4 package you would get skid plates for the Tcase and fuel tank along with down hill descent control. What normally make them sit higher in the front is if the truck has the snow plow prep package because they come with heavier front springs to handle the weight of a plow.
I thought the FX4 package on the 350's sit level without the snow plow prep package?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts