Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a CCSB 4x4 and am torn between 6.4 and 6.0. I plan to almost immediately delete and tune as I have a guy that can get the parts for cost. My dilemma is the difference between the 2 as far as day to day use goes. I drive 70 miles roundtrip to work every 3 days 95% highway. I realize mileage is gonna suck, but which is gonna suck less? I seriously doubt that I'll ever tow with it, just have always wanted one since I started selling them 11 years ago. However when I got out of the car business the 6.4s were just hitting the street so I don't remember much. Also I live in Texas and I've read and heard different things about emissions. What's the real story? Sorry for the drawn out questions.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
buy the 6.4 tune and delete youll get around 13-14 through town not sure bout highway but the power you cant beat.

·
Registered
853 Posts
most of the time the 6.0 seems to get better fuel mileage.
the 6.4 will have more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See that's what I read on the Texas website, however someone told me that they don't check emissions on 11+ model year.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
6.4 and delete tune and be happy. My lieometer says 21-22 highway. but i drive 100 miles one way. normally hand calculated is a couple less...power is awesome

·
Registered
994 Posts
6.4 hands down. I've owned both and did a writeup a while back about the motors. U won't regret it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts