Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 F350 Dually with a 7.3 and 280,000. Multiple things have been done to the truck and it looks great. I am not in Texas so I cannot speak as seeing it in person. I am attaching a link to let you guys give your thoughts on this. I know it is a lot of mileage but they last forever. The guy stated that the transmission was rebuilt in 2009 in the description but when I talked to him he said that the transmission had to be rebuilt because they go out around 180,000 miles. It just seems suspicious that the description says one thing and he says something else. The truck is for sale at Texas Diesel Group and was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them. I would also be willing to pay a member a few bucks to check the truck out if they are around the area as well. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. I know that I could go with the new models but I hear that the 6.0 and 6.4 aren't the most reliable motors. BTW this will be a daily driver.

2002 Ford F350 - Texas Diesel Group Houston, TX

Thanks

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
Other than lift/tires, doesn't look like much was done, but thats a high price for the miles. And is there proof as to who/what was replaced for the tranny?

And depending on how long the K&N has been on there, the engine/turbo could be dusted, as it tends to let too much dirt/dust by the filter. :doh:

Unless you have a knowledgable/trusted diesel mechanic who knows the 7.3L in the area, I personally would not touch it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
x2 on that. price is pretty steep considering the miles. it is a good looking truck though. good luck on your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apprciate it.

Thanks for the help. The truck looked goo d and I am just trying to find something dependable and that looks great. Thanks for your help. I will post pictures when I finally get her.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
x3 on that price is pretty steep considering the miles.

X2 K&N has been on there, the engine/turbo could be dusted, as it tends to let too much dirt/dust by the filter.
Doug

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
yup, price is high, k&n is bad... and a shortbed dually? these still puzzle me....

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
That's a good looking truck! I love the shortbed duallys! They're pretty rare.

The price.... meh.... I would definitely try talking him down.

K&N filter, I really don't have a problem with them. I've never known anyone to have an issue with them on their truck let alone cars. I think everyone on here just keeps regurgitating what they've heard. I've never known anyone personally to have a problem. My truck had a K&N filter on it when I bought it, and I've had no problems. Granted, I changed it out to a more "free flowing intake" and still have had no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts