Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i finally put my newly acquired BPD oil cooler to the test last week
Ive had it installed for a little over a month bit never put more than 30 miles per trip on the truck. Well along comes hurricane isaac and off we go. The family, race car and myself too a little trip to Atlanta. Gvw was in the neighborhood of 15-16k and its about 600 miles each way (1500 total in four days). I know its not mountainous but its definitely not flat for about 65% of the trip. Outside temps were between 88 and 94. Coolant ranged from 202-210 and oil stayed around 207-212 depending on ground level. This was all going 65 at 2200 rpm in tow/haul mode with matt's 8k tow tune. Egts on flat ground were about 840-850 and boost was 8lbs. If it would shift into overdrive egts would climb to over 1k while cruising. I was hitting 218-220 unloaded on flat ground going 70 at 1900 rpm .
Overall very pleased with the oil coolers performance and overall performance of truck. Obviously there are a few things that dont help while towing: my 3.73 gears with 37s and im sure it takes a little more power to turn 4 tires that it does 2

1 - 1 of 1 Posts