Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I left NC with my 24ft and old F150 full of stuff headed for Texas to see my family and friends. After dealing with a blowout on the trailer at 6 in the morning on Sunday within the first 40 miles, then I was back on the road.

I slapped the factory tires back on for the long leg of the trip not wanting to totally kill my MPG and wear out the muds. I put around 4000 miles on the truck in around 15 days, and somewhere in between I put on an S&B intake. Well I put the factory wheels back on loaded up the empty trailer and hauled *** back to NC. About 30 miles outside where I live in NC I pulled into this town for fuel, filled up and pulled out. And thats when i noticed that damn check engine light. Not too worried because I used to be a ford tech way back when and seeing as how ith light was on in my F150 for oh I'd say 120k miles I just drove home. I checked the fuel cap, the truck wasn't running poorly, that I could tell, and still the lights on. I just don't have the time to get it in the the dealership, so I'm just driving the jeep.

Anyone else come across this yet?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
whats the code? intakes have been know to throw them

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know what the code was. Funny, I didnt want to sit out at the drop zone all day in my jeep cause I had just taken the top off and it was supposed to rain so I took the truck, and Badda-Bing! The light went off. Figured it wasnt all that important. All that new space age exhaust crap. Hmmm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts