Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted earlier but it started getting worse and now im seeing a pattern
Fires up in 2-4 seconds in the morning if I let it run for 5-10 mins its very hesitant rpms jump around a little not sure if it should shift yet or not
After its warm its great so when its warm and I turn it off run into the store run out with in 5 minuites of being in the store it cranks for 40 seconds plus lately its gotten till the batterys are just about dead..:dunno:
Someone help me out I want to know excactly what it is before I clear my bank around trying to figure it out :doh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
So you have a moderately hard cold start and hard/no hot start. Sounds like a leak somewhere in the HPO system.

There's a couple ways you can go:
1) Replace the usual suspects. STC fitting, stand pipes and dummy plugs.
2) Pressurize the HPO system with air and check for leaks. This would verify that it is, in fact, a HPO issue. More on that if you decide to go that route.
3) Get an electronic gauge that can monitor ICP volts and IPR %. Normally it would be difficult to "see" a leak with an electronic gauge but, in your case, it might be big enough that you see abnormally high ICP volts and IPR duty cycle. A ScanGauge2 can do this and it costs about $160.

I would vote for #2.

And get those batteries charged. You don't want to wreck an FICM in the middle of all this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I figured it had something to do with the HPOP but yet again with how badly it runs my batteries down when the trucks hot I think its the FICM or yet both....
When I plug my batteries on my charger they both read over 90% fully charged.
when I crank it the battery light comes on. Also when I roll up both windows at the same time at night I notice my headlights and interior lights dim down.
Maybe I should replace both batteries and the alternater

1 - 4 of 4 Posts