Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my engine out and I replaced the heads due to holes that rotted in the exhaust ports (posted on another thread). The truck runs now, but I haven't driven it yet. I still have no coolant in it as my new radiator will arrive today. I've started it several times and let it run for perhaps a minute. It seems to run well, but every time I start it it takes quite a bit of cranking before the High pressure oil makes enough pressure to start it. I'm watching the pressure on the Torque Android app.

What do you think? Perhaps I still have air in the system? How long would it take to push out the air? Is there something I should check?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
I would wait to start/drive again until you fill the coolant system. Most likely there is air in the system but it can takes a good while for air to work out of the hpop system. It can take a few days to work out all the air so I would just wait and see how it does after a couple of days driving time etc.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would wait to start/drive again until you fill the coolant system. Most likely there is air in the system but it can takes a good while for air to work out of the hpop system. It can take a few days to work out all the air so I would just wait and see how it does after a couple of days driving time etc.
That's what I was thinking/hoping. Radiator arrived today, but I still need to blead out the brakes. I replaced all of the brake lines with Stainless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts